Meet Lazarus: The truck that keeps coming back from the dead.

This week's Thematic Photographic over at Written, Inc. is "Faded". Something that is a little bit worn, used, not-so-new, or has seen it's better days.
When I saw this week's theme, I immediately thought of my husband's work truck, lovingly nicknamed "Lazarus", because it has been revived from the dead more than once. (Coincidentally, so did my neighbor, Laura, because I caught her sneaking over here with her camera, snapping this picture!)
Although it may not be exactly artistically appealing or endearing to the viewer, it is endearing to me. Why? Because it represents my hard working husband's 10 years in his profession, 10 years of working in the sun to support our home and family.
While on vacation in the Caribbean, Laura found Lazarus' twin, and posted the photo on her blog for this week's "Faded". Thus, our little collaboration: Lazarus and Caribbean Lazarus.
Just a side note: My husband has driven this truck since he was 16. He is now in his 30's.
Labels: appreciation, deep thoughts, Thematic Photographic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AWESOME pic if I do say so myself, ha ha ha! Anyway, I am glad we could collaborate on this theme. You know how much my Caribbean Lazarus reminded me of you while I was on vacay.
sealaura said...
September 4, 2008 at 3:37 PM
I saw the Caribbean Lazarus first, so what a treat to meet the venerable truck it was named after.
Love the collaboration and the shot.
Robin said...
September 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM
So this is Lazarus. Makes me happy to see that someone can manage to run something that long and not kill it. Snaps to your hubby and to you for capturing it.
me said...
September 6, 2008 at 8:25 PM