Baby C, Up Close


Ever since I got a fancy Canon point-and-shoot back in April I've been running around, pretending I'm a photographer, snapping pictures of everything. And it hasn't helped that I stumbled across this really great blog, Written, Inc. that is dedicated largely to having fun with photography. Subsequently, my blogging has included many of Carmi's photographic challenges. I try to work the photographic challenges in with themes that I normally write about, like my family, outings, interesting places to go and things to do where I live.

This week's theme is close-up. Is it any surprise why I took this picture? I am in love with this little baby, and I am constantly looking at every little detail of her face, close up. I want to remember forever every detail of those pouty little lips with the peach fuzz, and her squishy, adorable cheeks.

I have to admit, it was hard getting this shot with my macro setting, I had to get really really close to her face and she just wanted to squirm and grab the camera. But I got my shot!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Again, OMG!!! I love her too. I want to hang on to those moments too. C1 and C2 grew up so fast, it seems. I am glad Baby C is here and we get to do it again. So cute! I like untraditional shots and this is cool.

September 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Oh my! and what a beautiful shot you took... she looks like a doll with those heart shaped lips. What a sweetheart!

A great idea for a closeup... lovely!

September 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

What a fun closeup!

September 12, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

So cute. There is nothing better in life than baby cheeks ;0)

September 14, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

What a sweet picture. Those lips look like a doll's.

September 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

She's so adorable. What yummy cheeks, I can see why you like to kiss on her.

Noah is to the point where he likes to refuse kisses. It's sad for me because I know his baby cheeks will go away soon enough, lol!

Very nice theme. Close ups are awesome. Good for jewelry photography too :)

September 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

mama c,

every day is a gift with our children, isn't it?

my wife and i are reliving our youth as we babysit our grandson 4 days per week. i watch Ollie all day and love his smile.

cheers,

gord h.

September 18, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

So cute! I need a camera like that! My photos are always terrible...

September 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

I love this picture, but please alow me first to take exception to your use of the phrase, "pretending I'm a photographer."

I've never believed that photography - or any other art, for that matter - is about meeting a certain bar of competence or having a certain title or pedigree. For me, it's all about getting out there and being in the moment, and using the results to share your world with others. Hopefully in the process, we can also inspire folks.

The more I see your work, the more I realize you reflect that spirit to a tee. You're out there, you're sharing, and your technical chops can more than hold their own.

This pic, for example, is wonderful. And the way you describe it - wanting to remember the details forever - hits my parent's soul very deeply. This is why I started Thematic Photographic and why I so very much enjoy the community that's grown around it. Thank you for getting it.

September 19, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Thanks everyone, for the sweet comments about my little "babe". I just love to take pictures of her.

And thank you Carmi, for the extremely thoughtful response to my photo. I always look forward the feedback you give.

I don't mean to belittle myself when I say "pretending to be a photographer". It's just that I feel like a kid at play! And it feels great. Which is the way we all should feel when creating art, or anything else. Using our God-given creativity should bring us joy. I think you put it best with your phrase, "photographic happiness!"

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the results. I'm also very happy to join in the Thematic Photographic community!

-Clara

September 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

That is just PICTURE PERFECT! look at those pudgy cheeks!!! makes me wanna pinch!!! so cute! Ok good thing I don't have your baby here or I'll be all over him with kisses!

September 23, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

this is so cute! And you will cherish the close up when she's grown..I miss the pudgy cheeks and pudgy fingers. They grow way too fast.

All of your photography is awesome! You have a great eye! I've missed so many posts while I've been busy. So I'm having a lot of fun looking around :)

September 25, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home