Thematic Photographic 15 - Close-up
This is becoming a common sight here in our area, since we still have many open spaces left to develop. I saw these lined up on Jasper Ave. in Mentone, 1 block east of Wabash, and couldn't resist getting a close-up look.
This is becoming a common sight here in our area, since we still have many open spaces left to develop. I saw these lined up on Jasper Ave. in Mentone, 1 block east of Wabash, and couldn't resist getting a close-up look.
Earthmovers, on the move, re-defining the landscape, making way for something new. What will it be? My guess is a new housing tract.
This was probably the closest I'd ever been to one of these giants, and I was amazed at how enormous they really are.
As they rested here in the evening sun, I quickly captured my photos and moved on. I'm still wondering what's coming and what the impact of this construction project will be for our area.
Labels: observations, Thematic Photographic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What great shot of such enormous giants... Although I can't be happy about the trees and grasslands that were destroyed in the process. :-(
Anonymous said...
September 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM
This particular field happened to be just a vacant dirt lot, for as long as I can remember. But I'm pretty sure an orange grove stood there, as most of this area once was. We still have some beautiful ones left, but they are slowly disappearing as well.
MamaCta! said...
September 11, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Well this is darn awesome too... :) I like how you did this in sequence too... it must be a mighty big project tho, that is quite a slew of tractors they have there. Super mama c.. I enjoyed.
Unknown said...
September 11, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I like the angles in your shots. !Buen trabajo como siempre!
sealaura said...
September 11, 2008 at 5:29 PM
They reminded me of an army reporting for duty. All lined up in a row. I am always amazed at technology and what we (humans)can do. Beautiful camera perspective as well.
I have way too many movies in my queue at Netflix but buried in there is the movie Manufactured Landscapes. It's a documentary about a Canadian photographer Edward Burtynsky and also an examination of industrialization and globalization. You can see the trailer on YouTube.
MichelleCH said...
September 11, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Merci beaucoup pour la visite et le commentaire, jolie série pour illustré ce challenge
Anonymous said...
September 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Great close ups. I hate the sight of those machines. I live in a rural area and dread any developing.
Driftwood and Pumpkin said...
September 12, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Amazing shots! I especially like the second one!
Penny said...
September 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM
Brilliant, love the top shot, they look like they go on for ever, sort of sinister, these hulking beasts of destruction just waiting to be activated.
janie said...
September 16, 2008 at 1:30 AM