This week my husband came across these little Converse shoes while in the garage. Our son's cute little camouflage high tops. Faded and worn, but looking sweet as ever. His feet are a few sizes bigger now, but I will always remember him running around in these, decked out from head to toe in camo. That is one memory I don't want to get "faded".
This week's Thematic Photographic over at Written, Inc. is "Faded".
This week's Thematic Photographic over at Written, Inc. is "Faded".
Labels: deep thoughts, kids, Thematic Photographic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love broken in kids shoes -- makes me think of all the fun they had in them.
Penny said...
September 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Oh, that is a sweet memory. They grow up so fast!
Jules from "The Roost" said...
September 5, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Sometimes it's the little things that really leave us with some great memories. My oldest son had a pair of beat up old cowboy boots he used to wear all the time when he was about 3-4 years old. I can still picture him in those boots, running around. Cowboy boots and shorts...
Lance said...
September 5, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Few things stop me in my tracks as effectively as our kids' old shoes. Perhaps more than any other element of their childhood, they represent a point in time that no longer exists, a memory that we wish could last longer than it does.
This picture captures this feeling so strongly, and I'm glad you chose it for the faded theme. Wonderful photo and thought! I'm so glad you've jumped on board!
carmilevy said...
September 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM
mmmm..having been scanning old photos..they grow up so fast. My youngest was a hat boy. One year it was a Red Sox hat, the next it was a Billabong hat. These hats bring back such sweet memories.
MichelleCH said...
September 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM