I just couldn't resist taking a picture of these cute little shoes on these cute little feet. This is one pair of feet I'll be trying to keep busy this summer.

This makes me want to click my heels together and say, "There's no place like home...there's no place like home." Well, even though we are staying "home" there's plenty to do.
Here are some things going on in Redlands and Beyond....
This Weekend:
This makes me want to click my heels together and say, "There's no place like home...there's no place like home." Well, even though we are staying "home" there's plenty to do.
Here are some things going on in Redlands and Beyond....
This Weekend:
My friend Karin from the Packinghouse Church Playgroup is always sending me hot tips and gave me this one: A FREE event this Saturday at the Yucaipa Adobe. Experience how families lived and played in CA in the 1800s. Click here to learn more.
My feet will be taking me to the Fontana Days Half Marathon and 5K Run this Saturday, June 7. I will be running my first ever 5k. I hope I survive it. By the way, any mommies out there that have trouble squeezing in a workout? Check out Stroller Strides. It's a program you can do WITH your baby!/Toddler. That's how I got on to this running kick and I've been loving it.
Ongoing/Upcoming:
Redlands Police Department, Community Services Division sponsors FREE Movies in the Park-Fridays @ Brookside Park and Sundays @ Texonia Park from July 11-August 17, Activities start at 7:00pm and the movie starts at 8:00pm.Krikorian Theatres will also have their Summer Kids Series. Every Thursday for 10 weeks during the summer they will be showing rated G or PG movies for $1!
Here are a few fun church sponsored activities for kids. I know of two really great VBS's (Vacation Bible School) There is one called Camp TLC going on at Trinity Church in Redlands from June 23-27. There is a cost involved so contact Trinity for more info.
Packinghouse Christian Church(Calvary Redlands) has their VBS July 7-11 from 9am-12pm and it is FREE. For 4 year olds thru 5th grade. We attended last year and had a blast! Call (909) 793-8744 for registration information.
2008 Summer Reading Program. Your child can earn a FREE book from Barnes & Noble. Click to find out how.
And how could I ever forget, the Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival! I hope we get to go see the Wizard of Oz. Performances are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday July 24, 25, and 26.
Keep the ideas coming! This time, I'll be giving away a $5 In-n-Out Burger card for one lucky reader who posts a comment. So, the question is, where will YOUR feet take you this summer? Deadline: Sunday June 15 (Father's Day!)
Packinghouse Christian Church(Calvary Redlands) has their VBS July 7-11 from 9am-12pm and it is FREE. For 4 year olds thru 5th grade. We attended last year and had a blast! Call (909) 793-8744 for registration information.
2008 Summer Reading Program. Your child can earn a FREE book from Barnes & Noble. Click to find out how.
And how could I ever forget, the Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival! I hope we get to go see the Wizard of Oz. Performances are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday July 24, 25, and 26.
Keep the ideas coming! This time, I'll be giving away a $5 In-n-Out Burger card for one lucky reader who posts a comment. So, the question is, where will YOUR feet take you this summer? Deadline: Sunday June 15 (Father's Day!)
Labels: activities, contests, fun, outings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Those shoes are adorable! I love kids shoes. Lena and Pilar are both shoe girls. I fear my future. :)
Lysa said...
June 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM
You always come up with some great ideas. We too are staying home for summer. Another idea (although it isn't free), but really fun to do at least once is the Drive-in Theatre in Riverside. It is $7 per adult and $1 for children 5-9. They usually always play a double feature, and bring in your own food and blankets. My kids aren't real big fans of regular movie theaters but they love this. We usually go with a couple families and we all park next to each other and car hop. Last summer we watched Ratatouille and the 2nd movie was Pirates 3. It really is tons of fun. Just an idea :)
http://www.vanburendrivein.com
rach said...
June 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM
Hey, thanks that was helpful. Might check out those bible camps.
Anonymous said...
June 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM
I love all your suggestions I printed out the movie schedules for the park and krikorian. We had such fun at the movies last summer. :)
Anonymous said...
June 3, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Good luck in your run - I love seeing how you are always trying new things. Later this summer The Packinghouse is also going to start the book club again, I'll email you the info once I get it. Ok, God Bless.
Karin said...
June 3, 2008 at 8:57 PM
thanks for all the cool ideas...
My husband just asked, "What are we going to do with the kids, to keep them busy over the summer"? I said let me go to Claire's blog and find out.. ha!.. Thanks
~gina lee said...
June 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Hi to the 5 C family,
We appreciate SO MUCH all your brilliant ideas. I would like to share one idea about an outing to another library: the new Highland library and environmental learning center. It's off the 210, exit 5th street, go West to Central.
Address: 7863 Central Ave.
Location: Highland, CA 92346
Phone: 909-425-4700
www.sbcounty.gov/library/home/
Enjoy the visit you'll be amazed!
p.s: The upstairs outdoor garden is opened only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays 11 a.m.-3p.m.
Anonymous said...
June 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM
Found your site through Metropolotin Mama. Thanks for all the great info. And those shoes are too cute! Love the glitter.
Genny said...
June 10, 2008 at 1:04 PM
This summer we plan on visiting the zoo a lot. My feet don't walk very far since I'm always to tired from chasing my two year old around the house.
There's a drive in theater in Santee as well and they do double features for I think $8 a person. The first, and last, time we went 2 years ago was right after we bought our (used) car. We didn't know you can't leave the car running with the engine off (young new car owners) so they battery died and we had to have somebody there give us a jump. The whole time we were fuming thinking we bought a car with a bad battery. When we got home and told my parents what happened they informed us of our mistake. Whooops... I would love to go again, but the second movie usually starts around 11.
Suzie Williams said...
June 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Our feet walk around the block, but we're too far to walk many places. So for the rest of the summer our feet will walk us to the car, which we'll drive to the park, the zoo, the mall play area, our family bible study, church, and friends' homes! Thanks for the great giveaway. Erica, gumbi1313@msn.com
Miss Erica said...
June 10, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Our feet will take us to the park, the pool, the backyard, and...San Francisco! Well, actually our car will take us to most of those places...but you get the idea! :)
I wish we could walk (literally) to more places!
Stephanie said...
June 11, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Our feet will take us to the weekly Loma Linda Farmers' Market. It's fairly new; it began in November '07 and is held each Sunday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on the Barton Road frontage road between Loma Linda Drive and Benton Street. Music, sometimes performers, handcrafted items, fresh fruits and veggies, wonderful snacks...fun! One of our favorite vendors is an Argentinian baker who sells their delicious dulce de leche empanadas and facturas. Yum! The recently remodeled Loma Linda Library is within walking distance across Loma Linda Drive behind the fire station. We haven't checked out the library yet, but will soon!
Lisa P. said...
July 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM