School is officially OUT! There will be so many things to do and see this summer. This morning I started by strapping on Baby C and my camera and heading for the backyard. Pictured above is what we found. I thank God for these incredibly beautiful little things that I so often overlook. Most of all, I thank Him for my Three Little Cs and for the gift of being with them every day and experiencing these things together.
Don't let me fool you too much, though. My attitude about life isn't always this glossy. I have been a chronic complainer lately. But things get put into perspective. We lost a very dear and much loved neighbor this week. Not only does this kind of loss bring immense sadness, but also reflection on what is really important. For me, it is slowing down and counting my blessings. Blessing #1: Beauty, right outside my door.
So I dedicate this post to the memory of our dear friend. As I look at these photos, I think of him, because he loved spending time in his yard, making it beautiful. He was a special man, and made the world more beautiful because he was in it.
P.S. Thanks to my neighbors Stephanie and Rachel for pointing out the baby birds. That photo was actually taken a little later, in their front yard.
Labels: deep thoughts, nature, photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Clara, those pictures are so beautiful. Thank you for reminiding me of God's blessings and beauty he puts right in front of our noses if we'll just stop for a moment to look for them. Can you get more pure, sweet and lovely than God himself?
I love you blog spot. It inspires me. Hopefully I'll take the time become a blogger one day soon.
Anonymous said...
June 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM
What beautiful pictures! And a touching tribute. Thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog! It sounds like we have a ton in common.
I'm hoping you know how to cook a whole chicken and possible dribble a ball, just 'cause I've learned those are imortant mothering skills. Maybe you can teach me?
Seriously, though, your comments made my month!
World's Greatest Mommy said...
June 21, 2008 at 11:30 AM
great photos for this week's thematic photographic theme. :) i have mine up at http://herroyalness.blogspot.com
Pam said...
September 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I love the bird photo! these are great shots. Don't you love when you can pull an old blog out of your...hair.
me said...
September 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Those are SO lovely....the lime has my mouth watering....great Thematic Photographic!
Linda said...
September 18, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Oh, the baby bird is so cute... they're all lovely nature photos. It makes for a beautiful dedication.
I am sorry about your friend, my sympathies. We do have to stop sometimes and count our blessings, I know I do.
Unknown said...
September 18, 2008 at 5:36 PM