Still Running....

7:40 am, Redlands CA. Right before the race.

Last Sunday, April 19 was the big day for Karin and I. We'd been training for the Run Through Redlands 5k since early February. It was a clear and sunny morning, perfect day for a run with 2000 + people. The run went very well, and we were both satisfied with how it went. I completed it in 29:17. I felt great afterward, in contrast to my first 5k that I ran last June. Although I felt very satisfied after completing that one, my body felt horrible and I was sore for a month! The only hitch this time: A sore hip socket! What's up with that? After the race I was standing around talking to my family, holding the baby. The only thing I can think is maybe I was standing funny while balancing her on my hip which caused something to move a little out of place? I don't know. All I know is that I am excited about running another 5k in May, if only the hip would get better.

Upcoming Running Events:

Saturday, May 16 2009: Yuciapa Iris Festival, Around the Lakes Fun Runs (5k, 10k run/walk and youth events) For more info: www.irisfest.org

Sunday May 17: San Bernardino "Run the Route" Mayor's Run on Route 66 (5k/10k run or 5k community walk, Kid's Mayor's Mile)

Saturday June 6: Fontana Days 5k/10k/half marathon.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

CONGRATS! You were quite "speedy." :)

I completed my first 5K in 32:59 and my second 5K in 28:34. Both of them were SOOO fun. 5Ks are kind of addicting, aren't they? I always feel a real sense of accomplishment after the race.

Now, I need to get back out there again! I'll probably be a "slow-poke" at first, but I'll work my fitness level back up eventually...

April 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Very cool - congratulations! And you're reminding me that I should find myself a couple of races to sign up for. The atmosphere and people at these events are are so fun!

April 30, 2009 at 2:45 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home