Ready to Run

My new running shoes.
I have not posted much in the last month. So many things have been keeping me busy. Aside from my little jewelry making biz, there have been birthday parties, our anniversary, a wedding, and not to mention I recently joined Facebook which sucked up a lot of time the first few weeks. But my main focus has been to prepare for the Run Thru Redlands 5k.

My friend Karin and I have been running conistently since early February, usually 3 times a week. This will be Karin's first 5k run, and will be my second. Our goal is to do the 5k in under 30 minutes. When we first started running, we were doing that distance in about 40 minutes, and alternated running with walking. We are now able to run the whole distance, and are very close to getting it under 30. It has been so exciting for us to see results every week, not only in our running times, but in our energy level, endurance, overall fitness and enthusiasm!

I don't think I would have stuck with it as consistently if it were not for my friend Karin. She has inspired me and motivated me in so many ways. It seems to me that when you have someone else who shares the same goal and vision, you can accomplish more than you thought possible by yourself.

As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17 (NLT)

2 comments:

Congratulations on your successful training. Good luck with the 5K!

April 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

How fun that you have a "running buddy!" My running partner is my husband. We were going pretty consistently prior to my pregnancy with our daughter in the stroller. Now we have two sweet little girls so we need to look into getting a double jogging stroller...or a second jogging stroller. :)

Best wishes with the 5K! I can't wait to run in one of those again...maybe this fall?

April 24, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home