Since I have not been able to run lately, I have been pouring my energies into gardening. I have not tried to grow anything edible since before I had my first child. Now, three kids later, I am back at it again, and thoroughly enjoying being outdoors with my kids. I love to see how excited they get over a rolly-polly, a new bloom, a ladybug, or just digging in the dirt with a plastic shovel.
Here are some snapshots from today of what I have growing:
Some yellow squash, squeezed in between rose bushes,A velvety daylily in burgundy,
A daylily in firey reddish-orange,
Peas growing up the wall,
A cactus crowned with flowers,
And the prettiest picture of all:
Can I just add that today I did something I have never done before:
I mowed the lawn all by myself. The grass was up to our knees. Daddy C has been busy with lots of work, and I wanted the time we have together in the evening to be chore-free for him. I wanted to surprise him but could not figure out how to start the mower. I finally had to call him and let the cat out of the bag. The job was completed, with a few minor glitches, but overall, I feel very invigorated, and it was kinda fun!
Labels: gardening, kids, nature, outdoors, photography

Wow... beautiful flowers... I'm not gifted with the green thumb but my significant other is... the best part is at the end of the season you reap all the ahrd grown goodies! Good for you to mow the lawn... I'm so small the lawn mower took me for a ride =_=!
LiPeony said...
May 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM
buen trabajo! Love the pictures of the flowers those red ones always remind me of your casita. The little Cs look so cute.
c u in the hood :)
sealaura said...
May 14, 2009 at 6:18 AM
Your garden looks beautiful. Very inspiring. And how fun that you involve your little ones!
P.S. I am VERY impressed that you mowed the lawn. I have yet to try that.
Stephanie said...
May 17, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Wow your garden is gorgeous. I am so jealous. Me and the Mr. are quite the plant killers so I am very envious of a yard with so much color.
MandyCA said...
May 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM
What an inspiring post! I've always wanted to start a garden, but I guess I'm a little intimidated. I think I just need to get out there and do something - even if it's just a little pot of herbs or something. ;)
Also - I've never mowed the lawn either because Tim always does it. Maybe I'll have to give it a try...
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Stephanie said...
March 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM