Thematic Photgraphic - Kids

Pismo Beach, April 2004

Pismo Beach, April 2004
This is one of my all-time favorite photos. Here is my firstborn child at about 16 months, seeing the ocean for the first time. He had no fear of the waves or the coldness of the water. He strutted confidently away from us and right into the ocean. That little boy is almost six now. He still struts away from us and right into trouble! But just like at the ocean when a wave knocks him down, we are right behind him ready to scoop him up when he falls.
We are currently working a plan for another a beach vacation early next year. It will be our first with three kids. How are we going to manage to scoop up 3 kids when there are only two of us?
Join the photographic fun over at Written, Inc and check out all the other posts for this week's theme: Kids!
We are currently working a plan for another a beach vacation early next year. It will be our first with three kids. How are we going to manage to scoop up 3 kids when there are only two of us?
Join the photographic fun over at Written, Inc and check out all the other posts for this week's theme: Kids!
Labels: photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gorgeous phots! You have a great eye.
Lysa said...
October 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM
I really like this shot. It has great contrast and evokes emotion ... makes me want to be at the beach with my kids right now!
Heather said...
October 2, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Love the shades of light. Fantastic shot...good memories :)
Malinda777 said...
October 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM
well you know how much I like the ocean so of course I think this is an awesome shot. But most importantly a great moment between father and son. C1 is such a big boy now, hard to believe.
sealaura said...
October 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM
thats an awesome photo! I have one of my son seeing the ocean for his first time..it was in Carmel I believe..we were staying with some friends for 3 days before we moved to Maui...he was only 15 months. You can't see the ocean in it though like you can in yours..hes just standing on the sand pointing out to the sea.
Jonara Blu Maui said...
October 3, 2008 at 1:22 AM
This is so pretty. Makes me want to go to the ocean too, with my kiddies of course.
I joined this one this week and had to put in Noah with his bull frog, lol.
Hope you got your organizing done. I have fallen behind in that endeavor. So many distractions and it's never ending anyway, but it sure feels good to get some accomplished.
Have a great weekend. Tina
Belle Adorn said...
October 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Nice shot! I love how you take the time to create great artistic photographs of your kids. Roman & I always have to remind ourselves to do that more often!
Yvette Galvan said...
October 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM
This picture is magical. I remember the first time we took each of our kids to the ocean. I found myself thinking similar thoughts as they made their way into the water and we stood behind them, knowing full well that we wouldn't be able to protect them forever.
I'm sure you'll manage three by the water with great ease. And I'm sure you'll manage to capture the experience just as wonderfully as you have here.
carmilevy said...
October 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Stunning shot! You have a GREAT eye for photographic composition!
Penny said...
October 7, 2008 at 4:48 PM