Meet one of my office assistants, Baby C. She loves to file and organize. My other two office assistants are not pictured, but can often be found playing LeapFrog computer games on company time. (See little feet dangling from the office chair?) I am so fortunate to have such wonderful workers in my office. Because of all they do I have had so much time on my hands that I decided to go into major production mode with my jewelry.
Pictured below is my humble little hobby space. This lovely round table was purchased at my neighbor's garage sale and has been instrumental part of my jewelry making. It sits just opposite my computer and desk so that I can quickly Twitter or answer emails.

I am fortunate enough that the company allows me this spacious cupboard to store my supplies. Now if only my cute little office assistant would just stay out!
I have recently checked out some books from the library so that I could learn more about how to use wire in my jewelry. This is a prototype that I have been working on: Copper wire daisies connected with millefiori beads. I don't know if I will send this one to production, it is terribly time consuming and looks like it will break if I so much as sneeze.
I hope you have enjoyed this 5C Family company update. If you would like to take a look at some more of my creations that I have made on company time, check out my Etsy store at www.beadcitos.etsy.com !

4 comments:

Wow! You've got so much help in your office! lol! I love that necklace..it's awesome! So the wire is too soft or something? You think it won't stand up to wearing? You should wear it and test it out cuz I think youve really got something there!

February 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

It's funny how we can spend a fortune on toys for our kids and a waste basket filled with paper would work just fine!

The necklace is darling.

Love the pictures!

February 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

My office assistants are slacking, your office looks much more organized than mine :). They do love to re-organize my faxes though... fun fun! The necklace is very original, I like it!

February 6, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Sweet helper! That's some awesome deals with the table and cupboard... I actually got a perfectly good bookcase that someone threw away and it's been here for about five years now. =D

February 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home