Thunder and lightening storms made for some really amazing skies last week, and "June gloom" has been especially heavy this year.
Not much to report here, except that I am so ready for school to be out for C2 and C1. It will be so nice not to have the morning rush. Maybe we'll even stay in our PJ's! Along with a few day trips we want to take, the kids and I have been working on a list of things we want to do this summer on those days that we're at home with "nothing to do". I've asked each kid what they are specifically interested in doing, and then we've come up with some things that we're all interested in. Here are some things on our list:
--Do science experiments with household items. We have a great book with hundreds of ideas.
--Make things with wood scraps. Grandpa has donated lots of his scraps from his workshop.
--Paint. We have an old chalkboard easel out on the back patio that we will turn into a paint easel.
--Learn more Spanish. The kids love saying the words they've picked up from Dora the Explorer. I also teach them lots of Spanish words, and so does our good friend and former neighbor, Sealaura (who also happens to be a profesora de espanol!)
Labels: activities, kids, summer, vacation

I love the look of the sky right before it rains...so menacing and marvelous.
Your summer plans sound splendid. :)
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Stephanie said...
May 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM