Our Vacation Photo (Taken at Home)
We did a lot of relaxing, sleeping in, playing in the backyard, hanging out (and laundry), but we had fun and discovered some fun places in and around Redlands:
Empire Bowl in Redlands has recently been refurbished and has a $10 weekday special, which includes 3 games and shoe rental.
Redlands Ceramics is a fun place to go and paint ceramics-on your own, as a couple, or with kids. You only pay for the piece, there are no sitting fees, hourly fees, firing fees, etc.
We visited Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area in the San Bernardino National Forest with Grandma B and Grandpa D. Great for picnicking, bike riding, hiking, fishing, etc. (Approx. 40 min. drive)
We visited a nice restaurant, Canton Bistro. Located in the new J.C. Penny Shopping Center, we liked the food and ambiance, not too expensive. Click link to read review.
I had the privilege of accompanying the 3 C's Great Grandma Pat to a musical, The Music Man, at the California Theatre of Performing Arts (a historic site) in downtown San Bernardino. She has fond memories of visiting this theater as a child. The season is closing, but the next musical will be Les Miserables, September 5-10. Contact Box office for more info.
Upcoming and Ongoing Events:
A Run Thru Redlands, May 4, 2008
Redlands Shakespeare Festival, going on during the month of May
LifeHouse Theater is presenting Jane Eyre May 10-June 8
San Bernardino County Museum-First Sundays of the month free admission!
Loma Linda Children's Day, May 14, 2008
For more, check out the Redlands Community Events Calendar.
Also, I heard from Karin of the Packinghouse Playgroup that April 30th is 31 cent ice cream day from 5pm to 10pm at Baskin Robbins on State Street. (Click on "Events" at the Packinghouse website to find playgroup info)
WIN A PRIZE!!! I'm Searching for Fun Events in and Around Redlands/San Bernardino!! If you have any ideas to share, please post a comment and you will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a $5 Starbucks card!!! Deadline is Sunday, May 4.
Labels: activities, contests, fun, outings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey Clara,
I'm always looking for low-cost/free things to do locally! Thanks. Speaking of free ..... $5 Starbucks card? Really?
Gess
Anonymous said...
April 27, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Hey, I read it. I'll take that Starbucks card thanks.
I will be doing the 10km at the Run through Redlands.
Anonymous said...
April 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM
I don't leave in Redlands so I can't contribute for the contest, but I wanted to say:
A. That photo of your three blondies is too cute!
B. Vacations at home are soooo fun!
C. Good for you for hosting your first contest!
Stephanie said...
April 27, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Oops - I meant to say 2nd contest! Silly me! :)
Stephanie said...
April 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM
Hey Clara, I love your blog i really think its cool! You keep me updated with all the cheap and cool areas i could take my children too. so here is one for you. Hope it meets the requirements of the contest! My Gym Open House. My Gym Redlands is hosting a FREE Open House on Saturday, May 10, 2008, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. My Gym offers fitness classes for children from 6 weeks to 13 year old. Join us at our Open House for fun activities, games, and cool prizes!
My Gym is located at 490 Alabama Street, #106, Redlands, CA 92373.
909-307-3929. www.mygym.com
Mary Alonso
Unknown said...
April 28, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Mama C, You HAVE to come to the Holland Festival at Redlands Christian School (on Church st) this Saturday. They have tons of games, lots of food, the students perform dutch dances and sing. Plus there is a really GREAT auction (both a silent and live)! Starts at 10 am, booths are open till 4:30, the live action goes into the evening.
Anonymous said...
April 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM
I also wanted to add that the Redlands Airport will be having their open house on the 10th. And the Redlands Y Circus is here this month. And what else was I going to write? Oh, that you might enjoy checking out Theron's Custard if you haven't been there already. They have kiddie cones for $1 and a nice grassy area to sit on while licking your cone - it's very serene.
Karin
Anonymous said...
April 30, 2008 at 7:14 AM
Chick-Fil-A has a family night on Tuesday evenings. Kids eat free with every paying adult. Also includes craft. Fun, indoor play place as well!
Chrissy
Anonymous said...
April 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Oh, and the Y circus is coming up very soon!
Anonymous said...
April 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Hey Clara,
Glad to hear you enjoyed Canton Bistro. I have been there a few times myself and I think it is wonderful. I like that they do takeout as well for those nights when you want to grab something on the way home.
June
Anonymous said...
May 3, 2008 at 10:37 PM
Just an FYI:
http://www.kptmovies.com/newsandpress/newsandpress_details.cfm?id=77
Kids summer movie series for $1
Anonymous said...
May 10, 2008 at 10:52 AM