For me and the Three "lil C's", our weekly trip to the Mentone Branch Library has become one of our new favorite activities. The newly constructed Library/Senior center is on the small side but surprisingly inviting and cozy, especially in the kid's corner where you will find little tables and chairs, a kid's computer, stuffed animals, puppets, puzzles, toys and HUNDREDS of children's books. The books in the adult section are all new and they carry many contemporary titles-no dusty crusty books from the 1800's in this library. And I must add one more comment: The library staff has been very kind, helpful and child friendly. I got no dirty looks when baby C cried or when C1 and C2 got a little carried away while playing with the toys in the kid's corner.
I was pleasantly surprised during our last trip, when I noticed that In-n-Out Burger is sponsoring a literacy promotion called Food For Thought. Children through age 12 can earn a certificate for a free burger for every 5 books they read. The promotion is going on from March 8 to April 19, and kids can earn up to 3 burgers. Now, I don't know about you, but I've got lots of favorite things, two of them being READING, and IN-N-OUT Burgers! Contact your local public library for more details.
Mentone Branch Library Link

6 comments:

Hi MamaC! I loved your first post. I agree, I too am in love with the new Mentone library. It is a freash and inviting place. I am so grateful that you took me and the little Cs there for an outing!

March 14, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Cute blog!

March 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Those 3 little C's are my grandkids!--Grandma B

March 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

This is great! The Food For Thought sounds interesting; I'll have to see if our school community's library is offering this...it would be great to add it to our school newsletter. I'll enjoy catching up with your news, Mama C!

March 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

It sounds like a great library. How nice that all of the books are new (that's the one thing I don't like about libraries usually - I worry about all of the germs that have built up over the past 10, 20, 30 years...).

That In-N-Out "Food for Thought" program sounds fantastic. Is it nationwide?

March 19, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Hi Clara,
I love your blog, thanks for the info about the library and in and out! you have awesome info for kids...and your kids are adorable!!!

felicia

April 15, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Newer Post Home